Saturday, March 29, 2014

Instructions for Growing Dahlias in New England

Today was the 18th Annual Spring Gardening Symposium.  It is organized by the Western Mass Master Gardener Association and was held at Holyoke High School this year.

I gave a short presentation on how to grow dahlias - how to start them indoors for a longer growing season, and then how to overwinter them in order to enjoy the following year.

As promised, I am posting these instructions online.  They can be found here.  I apologize that my hand-drawn picture of the dahlia tuber is not included (I'm not that tech-savvy). Also, as promised, all the pictures that were shown at the symposium are posted below.

Hey! It's the perfect time to get your dahlias started!!












































No comments:

Post a Comment