Friday, October 24, 2014

Flowers in the House

















It is the end of another gardening season, but the zinnias, black-eyed Susans(annual) and dahlias are still going strong!  I have vases of them all over my house - in the kitchen, dining room, living room,bedrooms... I'm ready for a rest from all the duties of the garden, but I will miss all of this color around the house! I can't help but stare at the beautiful forms and colors.  I especially love to have these little bouquets by my bed or on my desk.

The sunflowers are still standing in my yard, doubled over from the heaviness of their heads. The seeds are almost ripened.  I watch them carefully, checking them each day.  I'm hoping to get the seeds before the squirrels do.  I'm hoping to use the seeds to feed the birds this winter, as well as save a handful to plant next spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment