Sunday, May 31, 2015

They're All In

 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 

 
Ahh! To stand in a meadow full of blooms, wearing a flow-y, floral sundress with flowers tucked in my hair....

Actually, I have been living in my jeans and garden boots these days, and I'm in pain most nights from digging and hauling and bending!  I grew nearly 200 seedlings this spring that had to be transplanted, dozens of dahlia tubers to get into the ground, and a multitude of seeds to sew!  And I'm still working on expanding my garden - something my oldest son talked me into last summer.  I've been spending so many hours in the garden that I start to question if this makes sense for an already busy mom/wife/teacher. 

But I'm just blown away by all the colors out there - most recently the lilacs, and now the irises, peonies, and rhododendrons.  My family has been enjoying the kale, lettuce, arugula and various herbs for dinner most nights, and soon we'll be picking berries and other things.

Anyway, I love it.  Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment