Thursday, July 18, 2013

Garden Notes - July 18, 2013

 














It may be hot, but it's glorious summer!  This is the time of year I live for!  Long days full of sunshine and flowers. The noisy, cheery bird songs each morning. Watching the bees darting from bloom to bloom. The color, the beauty, the warmth, and everything teeming with life!

I grab my cup of coffee and the dog follows me out the back door each morning and we take stock of everything.   First, I water the lemon trees, then the hanging plant up front, and then all my container plants. Then Shadow and I walk around the garden. What did the rabbits eat last night? Which bed needs weeding today?  What can be done to protect the dahlias and sunflowers?

All-in-all, things are looking pretty good. I have to say, I have had it with all of these rabbits.  They have wiped out my beans, basil, cilantro and snowball marigolds!  They also feast on (but have left some) yellow squash, zucchini squash and melons. 

Next year, there will be a fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment