Friday, May 24, 2013

The Herb Garden

This week, I put my thyme and basil seedlings in the herb garden.  As I know how much rabbits love basil, I put a little fence around it immediately.  To no avail.  Something got in and ate one of the basil plants.  Could it be a bird?  I check around the fence for openings and piled more bricks around the base.  Anyway, I am very pleased with both the thyme and the basil. 

I also purchased a rosemary plant at the Wisteriahurst Plant Sale. I have read that it is very difficult to start rosemary from seed and it's better off to just buy a plant.  This plant cost $3.00.  Much better to part with the 3 bucks then to waste so much time trying to grow something difficult.




As you can see from the above photo, the parsley is taking off!  I planted this last year, and as it is a biennial, it's back for its second year.  It looks like it's going to go to seed soon.  I may try to save some of these seeds and see what they do. 

I need to hurry up and actually cook something with this stuff!  I should also dry some and make some parsley pesto.




No comments:

Post a Comment